[People] Hide Inactive Enrollments on People Page

Student enrollments which have been set to the "inactive" status currently show up on the People page tagged with the "inactive" label. We are now using the inactive status for students who have enrolled in a course, then dropped it after the start of the term. In large enrollment courses, these inactive enrollments will begin to clutter the People page when there are many of them. Please provide a method for hiding inactive enrollments on the People page, perhaps similar to the way they are hidden by default in the Gradebook (and can be shown by selecting "Show Inactive Enrollments").

55 Comments
Community Member

This is creating so much extra work for teachers, especially now that we are working in a distance learning environment. Teachers are using the "People" page for attendance purposes because this page lists their activity and last access. Maybe if you added these to the "Grades" page? Or, added a filter option to the "People" page to select "Active Only". PLEASE! Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Also it would be great to be able to export the "People" page to a CSV!

bryan_tayman
Community Explorer

Please consider this IDEA...it would be VERY beneficial improvement. 

Currently, having Inactive enrollments mixed in with active enrollments on the People page is very confusing for our staff.  

Being able to hide them would be awesome....similar to the way they are hidden by default in the Gradebook (and can be shown by selecting "Show Inactive Enrollments").

anden_lewis
Community Member

I agree, this is the exact functionality we are looking for in our instance.

bratsj58
Community Participant

It would seem that this would be an easy option in the All Roles dropdown menu. Just give us the option to show Active Students.

bratsj58
Community Participant

Why can't "Active Students" be one of the Roles we choose at the top of the People page?Roles.JPG

KazumasaOgawa
Community Member

How about the progress of this functionality? We want to use this one!

kristy_bergeron
Community Participant

We're discussing changing our unenrollment process from the way it works today (unenrolled student goes into Deleted status) to giving unenrolled students Inactive status. The fact that students with Inactive status cannot be hidden from the People list is the only thing that gives me pause about making that change for our institution, because I know we're going to get complaints from instructors about those students cluttering up the People list. I don't see what the drawbacks would be to making the People list work the same way as the Gradebook, which is to hide inactive students by default but allowing instructors the ability to un-hide them if need be. Please consider this feature improvement!

jlubkinchavez
Community Contributor

Agreed. I would like inactive to be hidden by default, but I would like the ability to filer to them. And also I'd like the ability to filter to pending. Seems like an easy, quick win to give to the community after 4 years of requesting...

schoen45
Community Novice
  • I don’t understand why students who drop a class (inactive) continue to appear in the People list of students. It’s confusing. It creates more work/processing time for the instructor. Please fix his irritating aspect.
LuciaSalgueiro
Community Explorer

Thanks for sharing!! Very necessary for our institution too!!