[People] Hide Inactive Enrollments on People Page

Student enrollments which have been set to the "inactive" status currently show up on the People page tagged with the "inactive" label. We are now using the inactive status for students who have enrolled in a course, then dropped it after the start of the term. In large enrollment courses, these inactive enrollments will begin to clutter the People page when there are many of them. Please provide a method for hiding inactive enrollments on the People page, perhaps similar to the way they are hidden by default in the Gradebook (and can be shown by selecting "Show Inactive Enrollments").

55 Comments
EEason
Community Member

I agree, this feature is long overdue, based on how long ago I see this idea coming up. A filter view on the people page, a physical movement to a specific section of the People page, anything like that would be beneficial to teachers to not see inactive students by default. These are the small things that make a huge difference in the management of a course -- clearing out clutter!

Code-with-Ski
Community Participant

I have been developing a Chrome extension as a side project and added a feature that hides inactive users on the course people page by default and allows you to check a box to show them.  This feature may break in the future with Canvas updates, but it is a nice workaround until Canvas hopefully implements a similar functionality in the future.

I made a blog post about it here: Creating a Chrome Extension to Use with Canvas LMS 

You can install the free Chrome extension here: Canvas LMS Mods (Basic) 

tkaser4
Community Member

Yes, please add this feature! Unfortunately the Chrome extension doesn't work because my college has a custom Canvas website. I'd really like to see Canvas add this feature!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme