Hide rubrics to go with assignment dates

0 Likes
(4)

We are a school with A day and B day classes. When I create an assignment it is for both days, so I set my due dates and view times accordingly. They see the assignment and rubric at the start of their class period. I need to be able to publish the assignment/rubric for A day and not have B day see the rubric yet. They don't see the assignment until I have it set for them, but the rubric is visible as soon as it is released to A day, as I just discovered today. We need a way to set this so the rubric is tied to the assignment view time.

4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

I am assuming that is a desired characteristic because students could glean information about the assignment from the rubric used for grading the work.

I currently do not have a need for this ability, but I can definitely see where that would be desired.

There are probably some work arounds that create more work for you, possible confusion for the students and more clutter - none of which is desirable (I am thinking of modules with a quiz that would need to be completed to get to the assignment and the quiz would then be restricted access for the day of the group)

Ron

rebecca_craig
Community Novice

This would be really useful - as mentioned above, students are able to glean assignment information from the rubric, which then makes a nonsense of having delayed the release date.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.