[Gradebook] Hotkey options for gradebook (late, missing, excused)

There are some assignments that I manually enter grades for if it is submitted on paper in class. It would be nice to have a hot key option when entering grades for late, missing and excused work. Currently, I have to stop entering scores, click to get the box open, click on the option, and click on the next box to move on. It would save time and make it more seamless to be able to type an "l" for late, "m" for missing and "e" for exempt.

57 Comments
abrasley
Community Member

This has been talked about in several different places. Is this finally in development.ent? We already have the ability to type ex for excused....but thats it. I don't need just ex....I need I for incomplete, M for Missing, TB for turned in blank, etc. 

atanner
Community Explorer

This would make my life much easier!

estrawn
Community Member

This would make my life so much easier! Yes, it is too many steps to enter grades. We need hot keys please! I love the suggestions-agree!

M_Wheeler
Community Novice

This would be very helpful on all assignments!

sasimpkins
Community Novice

Please add shortcuts in the grade book for Missing Assignments by simply putting a “M” instead of clicking on each assignment to then have to click “Missing.” We currently have a shortcut for Excused assignments. Why not for Missing and Late? 

MsTeacherLady
Community Member

EX for excused works! But I have not found a hotkey for the other ones... 

hahaitsrichard
Community Member

Please Canvas!!! Make this a reality!!!!

KristieBennett1
Community Member

Yes, please. This is a HUGE issue for my district.

anparker
Community Member

Another Community Member Request for Gradebook Hotkeys. For an instructor of 5 students, manually using the drop-down options or that annoying sidebar nonsense might be ok but when you have 10 classes of 35+, hotkeys are essential! I worked at the IRS for a while and can 10-key a mile a minute but it takes AGES to mark assignments as late, missing, complete, incomplete, etc. It literally will quadruple my grading time if I have any sort of paper assignments that I am manually adding into the gradebook and I have to manually mark assignments as missing or incomplete. 

PLEASE PLEASE add Hotkeys to the gradebook! I will personally comment on this post thread and any others on this same topic every single day this school year if I have to in order to bring this to Canvas' attention!

RICCIU
Community Member

This would be such a small change that would make a HUGE difference in my day to day work. I'm spending up to an hour each day manual updating missing work that is either imported from other apps or manually entered. 😭

It's hard to believe this isn't already a feature. 😱