I should click something other than "Save" to begin editing a New Quiz.

That's it, that's the idea.  

The first time I ran into this, my colleague had already begun creating the quiz.  I thought I was locked out.  There was no way I was going to click "Save"!  All of my prior experience with buttons labeled "Save" is that doing so would erase all of my colleague's work!  

Why on earth would anyone think clicking "Save" is the way to begin editing?!  

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For additional information, please read through the  Canvas Deploy Notes (2021-04-28)

7 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@aclark2 

Thanks for sharing this feedback. The product manager for New Quizzes is currently engaging with our members to revise the just-released new workflow. Would you please add your comments to  Timing Feedback Needed: NQ Instructor Workflow Cha... ?  We'll keep this idea in Moderating status for the moment, pending the outcome of the design changes.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@aclark2  Pursuant to the discussion in the tl;dr blog, we've made some changes to New Quizzes navigation as detailed in the  Canvas Deploy Notes (2021-04-14). Thanks!

SuSorensen
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hello @aclark2 The new action button behavior as described in Stefanie's link above was released 

Confirming released in the 2021-04-28 Canvas Deploy

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Completed

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Comments from Instructure

As Sue mentioned above, the New Quiz creation page now includes both a Save button and a Build button. This change aligns the Save button behavior with other areas of Canvas, and the Build button distinctively separates the workflow for building a quiz.

For more information, please read through the  Canvas Deploy Notes (2021-04-28).

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed