Import/Export Course Outline

0 Likes
(2)

I'm proposing two separate but related capabilities:

• Export a text version of a course outline from 'Modules'
    • This would produce an editable file that could be used for course planning and revisions. The format could be txt or docx. It would allow an instructor or course designer to easily mark up the course outline to provide teaching tips, revision suggestions, etc.
  • Import a text version of a course outline to populate Modules.
    • This might need to be in a csv or specific markdown format, but essentially, a user could import a file to create a course shell. The file would need to be able to specify what type of module item to create, and it would create and title the modules and module items accordingly.
Tags (2)
3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@rdictor 

Thanks for sharing these ideas. The first idea requests the ability to create an outline from Modules, and the second is asking for the ability to create course content from a file. As these are very different requests, they'll need to be resubmitted as two separate idea submissions so that they can each be discussed in their own individual threads for potential prioritization. Please read through How do I create a new idea conversation in the Canvas Community? for guidance.

Thanks again!

rdictor
Community Participant

Thanks, my bad!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@rdictor 

Thanks for splitting these into two separate ideas! I've added the links here and will lock this thread so that the new conversations remain unified in their respective places.

Export a text version of a course outline from 'Mo...

Import a text version of a course outline to popul...