Improvement suggestion for Canvas/TurningPoint interface

0 Likes

I'm new to using TurningPoint with Canvas. Today I learned that I can get TurningPoint to link to Canvas, but I can't see any upcoming (unpublished) classes in the TurningPoint system. Not sure how that would look in future, but it's definitely rough for instructors if we have to publish our courses before we have all the features set up. It would be really nice if listed, unpublished courses in Canvas would be able to show up in the TurningPoint interface so we can set all of that up (and learn about the process if we're new to the interface) in advance of making our Canvas pages live!

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

Tags (2)
5 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@NoelleSullivan  Thanks for sharing this feedback about the Canvas-TurningPoint integration. According to TurningPoint's documentation, the instructor must authenticate their account before they will see any courses under Available Courses. Did you follow the instructions in TurningPoint's instructor documentation for Canvas to complete the integration?

NoelleSullivan
Community Member
Author

@Stef_retired yes I did authenticate the account. I can see all the past Canvas courses in TurningPoint because they were published. But I haven't published the new Canvas courses for upcoming term because I don't want them to be available to the students yet--I like to have everything all complete and ready before I publish them because otherwise I get a lot of student emails with questions when things aren't complete. According to Canvas support, I'm unable to see unpublished Canvas courses, even if they're available on Canvas, in TurningPoint until they're published. So the integration is complete, it's just that integration doesn't allow for unpublished classes to be set up in the current Canvas/TurningPoint integration, or at least this was what I was told. 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@NoelleSullivan  Thanks for providing details. This sounds like this—i.e., the ability to see not-yet-published Canvas courses in TurningPoint—would need to be addressed by TurningPoint. Have you or your school's representative contacted them to ask about this?

swynn
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @NoelleSullivan If you are unable to provide an update regarding this idea by February 24th, we will need to archive it to help the Community Team focus on current Ideas. If you need more time, that's okay too! Providing an update before that time would be helpful and appreciated.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived