In Speedgrader eyeball icon does not show which policy is on when grades are hidden

0 Likes

Speedgrader eye showing open (See image A) with no line through it when grades are hidden before marking commences. Only shows when the first grade is entered (See image B).

No indication to marker until then.

image a.JPG

image b.JPG

Tags (1)
7 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@chike424 Thanks for sharing this idea. Before we move it forward for broader discussion, have you already asked Canvas Support to investigate this behavior? And if you have, would you provide the case number?

p_a_hudson
Community Participant

Hi,

This has been flagged up to me. This isn't something I would normally send to Support. It's working as expected.  When there are no grades, there are therefore no hidden grades. So Speedgrade shows the icon to indicate that there are no hidden grades. It appears to be working. I remember this was discussed many times by the community during the beta and there was quite a lot confusion at the time. The final interface was tweaked to iron out the worst of the changes but we've seen the unfortunate side effect where staff misinterpret the 'eye' to mean the grade they are about to enter will be visible. Simply adding '(HIDDEN GRADE)' underneath the empty box, like you do once you've entered the grade, would fix the problem.

If you think this isn't expected functionality, I'm happy to submit a ticket. 

Paul

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@p_a_hudson Yes, please submit a ticket so our support team can have a look. Thanks!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived