Inactivate a user

0 Likes
(2)

admin, people - The ability to inactivate a user at the highest level.

4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@KarenPizur  Thanks for sharing this idea. Are you requesting a way to deactivate a user with the admin role?

KarenPizur
Community Member

Yes, in the instance of Canvas that we have, we do not have that ability on screen.  If I run a provision report for users, there is a field called STATUS that shows that user as active. So I know there is a field for it, just not available to us, the Admin, to select to inactive that person. Because of the license type we have, I need to remove all inactive users before the end of our contract term.  Without this ability, I have to "fudge" another field so i know which users to remove at the end of our term.  Silly to have to do this instead of using the provided field needed that exists in Canvas.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.