Inbox for submission comments

0 Likes
(1)

I only ever see submission comments as a notification on my phone. For some reason it always opens two instances of the assignment in speed grader. Sometimes the Canvas teacher app bugs out and doesn't open the notification. Then there's no way for me to tell what assignment it was on or for which student. There needs to be an "inbox" of sorts in the app and on the desktop website where the submission comments are logged.

Tags (3)
3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

Thanks for sharing this idea, @JamesKCOS . Instructors and students can switch the Inbox filter to to Submission Comments; please refer to the View Submission Comments section of  How do I filter conversations as an instructor?

We have a long-standing and actively monitored request for submission comments to generate an inbox badge, and you'll find that conversation at  Submission comments appear in Inbox indicator.

JamesKCOS
Community Explorer

Ok, but can this be added to the app? I'd like to be able to use my iPad for more of Canvas without having to log into the browser version. The app is weirdly incomplete.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@JamesKCOS  You'll find that long standing and still active conversation at  Make viewing submission comments available on mobi... .