Include Sections on Initial Bulk Editing Assignment Dates

0 Likes
(5)

We would like to see Sections included on the initial bulk editing of assignment dates feature described here --> https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-bulk-update-due-dates-and-availability-....  Currently section due/availability dates do not show up on the bulk date editor unless each assignment is visited and set up initially.  We would like to see an option for including sections even when no due date is set, so due/availability dates could be managed in bulk not just for everyone, but for sections also. 

7 Comments
wes_vonier
Community Novice

This is a huge time saver, but what if there were a way to set up dates by section on this page?

Upon selecting to "edit assignment dates" on the Assignments page, a teacher can quickly enter due and available from/until dates.  However, these dates only apply to "everyone".  In order for dates to be entered by section, a teacher must open each assignment page individually and add dates by section.  Then, the bulk update become useful for all students in sections. 

meishan_spradli
Community Member

☝️👍

dea_mcfarland
Community Member

Yes, this would be much easier than having to go into each individual assignment and assign sections before you could do a batch due date or available until date. A drop down menu of each available section would be nice so you can add different sections under each assignment if needed but not have to view them all if not needed for each assignment.

BethCrook
Community Contributor

Definitely not only a huge time saver, but much needed for many of our courses that are co-taught.  Example: Biology is a single course, with Teacher 1 teaching a section and Teacher 2 teaching a section.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

bbeck6
Community Member

YES, another missing feature that is required for multi-section courses. The need to go into each assignment and differentiate the dates defeats the purpose of using the bulk-date-updater, because you have already opened the individual assignment!

Change it so that sections can be viewed in the drop-down even if there are no dates set. This would save me *hundreds* of clicks/load times for the 17 sections I have in my course each semester.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.