Include Submitted Date from Portfolium LTI to Canvas so all Assignments Aren't Marked Late

0 Likes
(2)

Currently, Portfolium assignments set up in Canvas are always marked late when graded. According to Instructure, this is because the Portfolium LTI does not send submission dates over when an assignment is graded. Having student assignments always show up as late is a cause of concern for students who submit them.
This feature request is to set the Portfolium LTI to send submission dates to Canvas so that Portfolium assignments are not always marked as late in Canvas.

3 Comments
Allie_Dilts
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Open

Opened for conversation. 

Correen
Community Member

The same happens with google assignments - they are date stamped when I download the files - not when the student actually submits. This means EVERYTHING is marked late unless I download at midnight on the due date.

Submissions that are in fact late are also not recorded accurately because they are batched at the time I download. 

The integration with the LTIs is quite poor. This really needs to be fixed. It is so confusing for students AND teachers!  

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.