Incomplete/ Missing Grade

0 Likes
(1)
In the grade book when an assignment is marked missing, is it possible to automatically change as well to Incomplete for it to show up on the student view as "missing/ Incomplete"?

Right now it is confusing for it to show missing on the teacher's end but on the student's end "ungraded" I hope that makes sense. 

Tags (2)
4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@jacqueline_odur 

Thanks for sharing this idea. Would you clarify where students are seeing that a missing assignment only displays as "ungraded"? According to How do I view my grades in a current course? a MISSING flag displays on the student side (see the View Percentage Grade Calculation section near the bottom).

rbuzzell1
Community Explorer

I would really like to be able to label work as Incomplete - in addition to Missing or Late.

I teach middle school and often students will turn in partially done work. It would be a lot easier to just flag it as incomplete than to grade what is turned in, and then make a comment (that middle schoolers do not seem to read) that says "Incomplete - finish and resubmit to improve your grade".

Kids tell their parents the work is done - they show them that they submitted it. If they've done part of it, to the middle school brain, it is not missing or late - they did it.

An orange Incomplete label would make my day!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@rbuzzell1 The conversation about a new "Incomplete" status is underway at  Add status "Incomplete" in grade book 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived