Increase the number of questions supported by the Quiz Statistics function

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Here is my idea.

The Quiz Statistics function currently supports up to 100 questions per quiz. For a quiz that has more than 100 questions, the analytic tool would stop working. I have spent hours to figure out this limitation.

Please lift the limit to 200 or more and put a note of the limitation.

The visualized report is different from the one (Item Analysis) that I have to download to Excel. There is NO Discrimination Index in the downloaded Excel file.

Comments from Instructure

This idea was completed with general availability of Quizzes.Next.  You can find more information about the overall project in the Quizzes.Next User Group.‌

• Quizzes.Next is now available for all paid accounts.
  • Quizzes.Next documentation will live in the Quizzes.Next User Group until July 14, 2018. On July 14, 2018, all of the documentation will be moved to the Canvas Guides in the Canvas Instructor Guide or Canvas Student Guide
  • Quizzes.Next updates will be included in the Canvas Release Notes. This includes new features, updated features, and relevant fixed bugs. New and updated features will be deployed to Quizzes.Next near the same time as the Canvas release. Fixed bugs may be deployed at any time.
15 Comments
straussi
Community Champion

We have faculty requesting this increase, as well as a definite need for analysis of other question types, such as matching, fill in the blank and calculated numeric data types. This is an important need as we move to more and more assessment data requests from accrediting bodies.

ejackson
Community Champion

Not being able to easily access Quiz Statistics is very frustrating for our instructors. Having to download them into an Excel file just adds extra steps that can be confusing, and the downloaded files are difficult to decipher. This is not a good option for instructors.

cdoherty
Community Participant

A Bioinformatics professor at Stanford was very disappointed that quiz statistics did not render for his 140 question midterm. He had this to say about the importance of the statistics feature:

"It’s quite important:  I can sometimes find questions that are problematic and should be thrown away if many students got them wrong, I can also find questions where my answer key was just wrong because of a typo, and then get it all right.  Without that, electronic grading is no better than paper!"

jordan
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

This idea has moved to the next stage and will be open for voting among the Canvas Community, from Wed. November 4, 2015 - Wed. February 3, 2016.

Check out this doc for additional details about how the voting process works!

asatkins
Community Novice

We just ran into this this week. We didn't realize you can only pull the item analysis for T/F and matching Smiley Sad

lse224
Community Champion

Is this already being addressed in the Modern Quizzing Engine?

Deactivated user​

jsparks
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Quiz statistics in the Modern Quizzing Engine​ will be far more scalable. This is a known issue we intend to address.

Jason

wdover
Community Member

Have there been any updates to this issue? 

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea was moved from Under Consideration stage (no longer in use) to the Product Radar stage.  

This change was made as part of a feature idea process evolution.  Find more information, and contribute insights, by joining Focus Group: DRAFT Feature Idea Space

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and is On Canvas Beta Quizzes LTI User Group 

This feature is now available through the new Quizzes LTI tool.  Find more information on the Quizzes LTI tool, and how to access it, at Quizzes LTI User Group 

The specific guide for this feature in the Quizzes LTI tool is How do I view reports for an assessment in the Quizzes LTI?