[Rubrics] Inherited Ratings Scales on Rubrics/Outcomes

Idea open for vote Wed. January 6, 2016 - Wed. April 6, 2016  Learn more about voting...

It would  be easier when creating rubrics and outcomes if the "Ratings" scale could be inherited for each new outcome.  In other words, if the ratings scale on the first outcome is changed from 5-3-0 to 4-3-2-1-0, that scale and associated titles for each number in the scale needs to show up on the next new outcome or need the ability to copy the scale.  Reproducing the scale for each new outcome is time consuming.

I understand this has been raised before without enough votes but this would save a lot of time.

Added to Theme

Improved rubric creation and usability Theme Status: In Development

15 Comments
James
Community Champion

Correct  @tbunag , the outcomes would have to pre-exist. It's a very different task with different options than creating a rubric that uses them. Except for QuizWiz, I take a more *nix approach and write tools that do one or two things rather than a few things that try to do everything.

tbunag
Community Champion

Oh, I completely understand that!  Absolutely no criticism from me regarding this tool - it saves me tons of time already, and I like smaller tools that do what they need to do well (less likely to break on me).  We actually had an assessment conference last week on campus here, and this script will make implementing the ideas I saw there so much easier.

I also know Canvas has been working on https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/canvas-focus-group-outcomes?sr=search&searchId=a57ac159-3183-...‌ for a while now, so I'm hoping they'll incorporate some features that make Outcomes easier to use.

rcb
Community Member

So what now - looks like we reached the 100 vote threshold?  Is this going in for testing?

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme