Integrate Stripe as a Payment Option

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

There are only a handful of currently accepted payment processors. As an IT professional, we're in the process of ditching Authorize.net and moving to Stripe because we are getting better rates and Stripe is growing quickly. What would it take to develop an integration that allows schools to use Stripe as an option for accepting payments?

10 Comments
CanvasDocTeam
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

L_ElAmoud
Community Member

Totally agree with this - Stripe would be the preferred provider in mu university also! Could Instructure look into this please?

L_ElAmoud
Community Member

We are looking into integrating payment engines and our university use Stripe as a preferred supplier. What would it take to get Stripe integrated to Canvas?

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: In Development

jsowalsk
Community Coach
Community Coach

@JScroggs Can you please provide me with your thoughts about moving to stripe from authorize.net? I would be happy to set up a call to discuss this further. 

JScroggs
Community Member
Author

@jsowalsk I'd be happy to provide my thoughts on this. Normally, choosing a payment processor is done within top leadership based upon rates and available interfaces with current needs. We almost decided against using Canvas because it did not integrate with Stripe. So now we're using Authorize.net on Canvas and Stripe everywhere else. We're just getting charged more to use Authorize.net on here. Adding additional processors for customers will definitely give a boost to Canvas as it makes it more easily accessible to customers that are hesitant to use multiple payment processors or use ones that offer poorer rates. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have, so please feel free to set up a call.

Jeff 
jeff@apologia.com
765-608-3280 x127

jsowalsk
Community Coach
Community Coach

Thanks, Jeff. I will email you.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Completed
Comments from Instructure

Stripe is a supported payment gateway for Catalog. For more information, please read through the  Catalog Release Notes (2021-11-02).

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed