cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive Web Links

Interactive Web Links

I would love to be able to insert a link to a website and be able to make it interactive by: inserting arrows & highlights to text, add sticky notes where I can add notes &/or Youtube videos, and post questions to be answered for a module.  This is very much what InsertLearning  is doing, but I would love to not have to go outside of Canvas to be able to use it inside a module for students.

4 Comments
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi jayers@mckinneyisd.net...

I'm not sure if this would do all things you're asking, but have you investigated Annotate images and videos — ThingLink?  You can create a ThingLink interactive object, and then embed it in a page in your course.

Community Member

Thank you for the suggestion. I've created ThingLinks and used them before, just not to this extent.  This proposal would make a live website have interactive features that I add.  InsertLearning is already doing this as an extension in Chrome.  I just don't want to have to create a classroom and add students to their database, when I already have one set up in Canvas

Community Team
Community Team

jayers@mckinneyisd.net 

Thanks for the submission of this idea!

I did mark it as a 'partner integration' opportunity because it might have a quicker if it is looked at as a partner integration opportunity with InsertLearning!

Community Member

Thank you.  I wasn't sure about the Partner Integration part.