Keep Assigned-Students When Copying Assignment

(2)

Currently, when I copy an assignment with assigned to students to it, the students assigned are dropped and it defaults back to being assigned to Everyone. It would save SO much time NOT having to re-added all 10 - 15 students each time I have to copy an assignment for groups in my classes. I'm surprised that this isn't already a feature but checking with support they confirmed it is not a feature and recommend I request it.

Thanks!

4 Comments
RobDitto
Community Champion

Voted! What a great idea,  @downingc .  Compare & contrast this long-running one:

I can imagine your idea and that one together.

MrMays
Community Novice

Absolutely!

ian_konen
Community Explorer

Yes, please!

I run a large multi-section lab courses where sections meet on different days of the week, and assignments are due based on the day they meet. It takes me 10-15 minutes to set the differentiated due dates, and I have to do this from scratch for every single assignment! PLEASE add support for copying differentiated due dates with an assignment! There is even already a feature that lets users shift all differentiated due dates up by a constant value (i.e. add a week to everything) but it's useless without the ability to copy the differentiated due dates to a new assignment.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.