cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late submission deduction interval counts weekdays

Late submission deduction interval counts weekdays

0 Kudos
(5)

Currently the Late submission deduction interval offers the choice between days and hours. k-12 generally does not count weekends when applying late work penalties. An option to count weekdays only would be very appreciated.

7 Comments
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open for Conversation

CoachK8
Community Member

My suggestion is there is an option to assign a certain percentage deduction for late work regardless of how late the submission is. In terms of online learning at the secondary school level, I don't know many teachers that deduct points by the day or hour. 

Steven_S
Community Champion

I use deductions be day at the college level, and I am sure my students would appreciate it if I did not count weekends.  It would also be nice to be able to exclude school holidays. 

christopheryoun
Community Member

It would also be nice to have more options for intervals. 

jeff_pence
Community Participant

Please add this as K12 NEEDS it!

Having the option to count weekend as one day or not at all useful.  In a dream world, this would be toggleable on the assignment level...

aholcombe
Community Member

Canvas needs to sync with the school's calendar... this seems like it would be a fairly easy things to do. This way, students would not get late points deducted when school is not in session, but would over school days. It is not okay to expect students to submit work when school is not in session, or to be penalized for it.

aholcombe
Community Member

A possible solution would be to add in a feature on the assignment settings separate from the due date that says  "start deducting late points at ____ date."