Let us schedule a Publish Date / Time for Content Pages

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Please allow us the ability to set a specific date and/or time for content pages to be published ahead of time.

It would be nice to be able to schedule those times in advance. There are times I don't want to publish something for students to see until after class and that requires remembering to go back and publish. Forgetting to do so only then creates chaos.  It'd be nice to just set those times once the page is designed and avoid those circumstances.

145 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@JocelynRichard  What you've described would need to be evaluated as a separate standalone idea. If you'd like to see it discussed for possible prioritization in this forum, please write and submit it after reading through How do I create a new idea conversation in the Canvas Community? 

Thanks!

JacquelineWiley
Community Member

Being able to schedule when an assignment etc is publish should be a feature. It is clear that this is supported by many people over many years.

I would hope that Canvas would have worked to make changes over the summer. Hoping we see some changes in September. 

megscott
Community Explorer

I would love to see this feature so much! 

KyleBrookman
Community Explorer

Hey Canvas! Why wouldn't this be a feature to begin with?

ThomasBailey
Community Novice

If a page is completed and you are wanting it to be available at a certain time, there is no way to schedule a page to be published at this time. Instead you have to do it manually. In this busy season of online learning, it is easy to forget to publish a page. It would be much simpler if you could schedule a page to publish at a certain time. Surely this is not a difficult feature to add.

hanzi_teo
Community Participant

This is especially useful if the page is added to the student's TO-DO at a later date, but the instructor only wants the page to be available later in the term! 

kthurston
Community Member

I have been using Canvas for 5 years now. I create Daily Agendas to help students stay organized in class. I lost my mom last year and had to create agendas for a week in advance. I had to go in each day and publish the pages. This feature would be really beneficial; especially when many of us are dealing with life AND have to do virtual learning. I don't know why this has taken so long to happen. Please help teachers to be more efficient. 

orra5
Community Explorer

Please make this feature available.

elawlor
Community Participant

This is an obviously useful idea that uses the same function as already used for Announcements. Why is it still in the "conversation" stage five years later?

Estefania
Community Explorer

This would be great to see! As many others are saying, it is available for announcements, assignments, modules, and even files. It should also be an option in pages. It is quite a lot to have to think about if you want to have content available before and after a class within the same module. Creating separate modules would make the content too piecemeal.