Let us schedule a Publish Date / Time for Content Pages

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Please allow us the ability to set a specific date and/or time for content pages to be published ahead of time.

It would be nice to be able to schedule those times in advance. There are times I don't want to publish something for students to see until after class and that requires remembering to go back and publish. Forgetting to do so only then creates chaos.  It'd be nice to just set those times once the page is designed and avoid those circumstances.

145 Comments
julia_m_hopkins
Community Explorer

Why is this not a feature already? 5 years since the Idea Request was published. 

lies_goossens
Community Member

What's the status on this idea?

I really would like to make some content pages only available after a certain date.

Thanks.

kaswift
Community Member

I love that I can set assignments for different sections at different times (same for quizzes).  I would LOVE to be able to do the same with Pages!  Sometimes I want to publish a page at a specific time and sometimes for only a certain group of students or a single section.

Not everything is an assignment!

JacquelineWiley
Community Member

Agree!

LauraKohnen
Community Novice

Hello-

This is year two for me using Canvas and I am really surprised I cannot delay a publishing of an assignment. I am thinking that this would be the most beneficial for teachers when they have a sub. I have some students who will do things as soon as they are published, which can really de-rail a sub plan. Please consider! Or direct me to a better way! 

Thank you! 

GrahamEthelston
Community Novice

Need to be able to set a timed release for a page, not just a document.

peitlerg
Community Member

This would be very helpful!

bmessinger
Community Member

I think this would be great.

kimikaze
Community Member

*please* implement this feature!  I am overwhelmed with the logistics of making content and different pages available on different schedules that best serve my students, and putting everything into modules or limiting assignments is not sufficient or user-friendly, for me or my students.

JocelynRichard
Community Member

It would also be very useful to be able to schedule a data/time for publishing assignments. Scheduling the availability of the assignment is only so useful, as it doesn't prevent students from seeing the assignment ahead of time. For instance, only a subset of students will need to submit an assignment at the end of class on specific days, but I don't want them to know ahead of time who will be assigned. But if I list the students on the assignment and publish it ahead of time then they can tell that they are assigned for that day.