Liking (Thumbs Up Icon)

0 Likes

I love the thumbs-up icon here on Canvas.  

I require them in both my announcements and discussions on Canvas!  However, there doesn't seem to be any way to track do likes what.  Typically this isn't an issue when everyone in the class does this but becomes problematic when not everyone does or doesn't do this and needs to be marked accordingly on my rubric for this grading category.   If this feature is available, I am not seeing it but if it isn't I think this should be added!  It's one way to determine the level of participation of the students within any given discussion. 

Thank you

Frank Sankey 

Tags (3)
2 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

HI @FSankey66 -

Thank you for sharing your Idea!

Some of this may already be available to you in New Analytics. You can even message students who do (or do not) view your Resource (in this case, Announcement).

How do I send a message to all students based on specific course participation criteria in New Analy... 

I know it's not an easy "hover over" from the Announcement, but in the meantime, it may provide the insights you need.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.