Line Spacing Option

(5)

There needs to be a line spacing option on the Formatting Toolbar.  When you key text, it automatically wraps to the next line, which is okay.  However if you want to align it under the previous line - pressing 'Enter' - it leaves too much space (like a double space).  We should be able to change the spacing between the lines of text. 

6 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@pamelas_harris ‌

Thanks for sharing this idea. As it moves forward for broader discussion, please know that it's possible to accomplish this directly in the UI by keying in Shift-Enter instead of Enter when a single line space is desired between lines.

rsaenz1
Community Member

PLEASE add the option to double-space or single-space in text boxes...it should not be so difficult for such a  simple and common feature. 

mary_ledbetter
Community Explorer

I would also like to request the ability to highlight and change easily. I was able to use shift enter on a page, but it is not working inside a table, even when I single space on the page and copy into the table (single cell table). I have looked and cannot find an easy way to accomplish this, so I am going to try to some other ways. Multiple rows and see if I can get rid of the padding above and below and then hide the borders. Not sure it will work, but this is way too difficult...

deborah_petty
Community Novice

This feature has been lost in the upgrades done along the way. 

GinaNovick
Community Member

I agree. It should be simpler.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.