cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line thickness options for SpeedGrader on iPad Canvas Teacher

Line thickness options for SpeedGrader on iPad Canvas Teacher

0 Kudos
(1)

On Canvas instructor using SpeedGrader, there is currently only one line weight option. It makes it incredibly difficult to write annotations by hand with the Apple Pencil. Adding a few different widths would greatly improve the usability of SpeedGrader on iPad. 

6 Comments
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open for Conversation

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi! Using the app, I am able to adjust my line thickness in the same "flyout" menu I use to adjust the pen's color. 😎

Tap the icon that looks like a paintbrush. Then, tap the color-filled circle to the right. That will open a menu where you can adjust your color (manual por presets) AND adjust your thickness from 0.1pt to 40pt.

Let me know if you'd like screenshots to help you find the settings. I'd be happy to help!

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Chokichi
Community Member

Thank you. Once again Canvas fails to be intuitive for me. I always expect the brush options to come up when touching the brush icon again after it's already selected. I feel very dumb.

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@Chokichi  I'm so glad Kristin was able to help you with a solution (thanks, @klundstrum  )! We've archived this idea accordingly.

About Idea Conversations
In the Canvas Community Ideas space, you can share, converse, and rate idea conversations related to software improvements to Canvas products.