Link Learning Outcomes to Questions that are not in Question Bank

0 Likes

Can it please be possible to link Learning Outcomes to Questions that are not in the Question Bank?

Right now I have this set up - but I'm guessing this is why the students are not receiving any points in Learning Mastery.  

Or are there other reasons why Learning Mastery is not working?

Thanks so much!

Tags (1)
4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@zoeanne_soon 

Thanks for sharing this idea. The reference to Question Banks implies that you're using Classic (Old) Quizzes. Our product teams are no longer developing new functionality on the code base for Classic Quizzes, which is scheduled for deprecation, so we have archived this idea. 

If you're finding that learning mastery alignment is not achieving the desired result, please use the Help button to ask Canvas Support to have a look at how the outcomes are set up in the course.

zoeanne_soon
Community Participant

Hi Stephanie,

No, actually I'm using New Quizzes, and Learning Mastery is not working. 

Certainly let me know if you know why Learning Mastery is not working and if there is a fix.

Thanks so much!  🙂

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@zoeanne_soon 

Thanks for the clarification! I was thrown off by "Question Banks," since that's not a term used in New Quizzes, which uses item banks.

Please refer to the comments in the blue section of  How do I align an outcome to an assessment questio...  : "Outcomes scores from New Quizzes can only be viewed in the Outcomes Analysis report in New Quizzes. Outcomes scores cannot be viewed in the Learning Mastery Gradebook."

zoeanne_soon
Community Participant

Thanks so much for the quick reply!

Currently the students see nothing in their Learning Mastery Gradebook.  I'm just wondering how to fix that.  Thanks so much!