cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Progress View for Nearpod Integration

Live Progress View for Nearpod Integration

0 Kudos
(2)

Our district has purchased Nearpod since it is supposed to integrate with Canvas so well. HOWEVER, a HUGE, ESSENTIAL feature is missing: the ability to observe my students in LIVE TIME! Apparently this needs to be fixed on the Canvas end- NOT on Nearpod's end of the integration relationship.

"Thank you for contacting Nearpod Customer Support. Viewing progress is not available when assigned in the Canvas External tool, this is a canvas limitation and not a Nearpod one. You can create a code and post to canvas to view progress but the reports would Not show up in speedgrader."

This is a necessary feature as I need to be able to determine if my students are drawing models or solving problems correctly IN THE MOMENT-LIVE---- not after the fact. 

Is it possible to get this feature enabled in Canvas so that I can monitor student progress WHILE they are engaging in the Nearpod lesson!? Why would Canvas integrate with Nearpod and leave this feature out- it's imperative in this online learning environment that we, as teachers, are able to take advantage of these features.

3 Comments
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open for Conversation

sonylilly
Community Member

I completely agree, I want to be able to view their progress while I'm teaching and also later be able to see their submission in SpeedGrader.

Jacqueline_B
Community Member

I had the same question.  If Canvas or Nearpod figure out how I can observe my students live, please let me know.