Live Progress View for Nearpod Integration

0 Likes
(2)

Our district has purchased Nearpod since it is supposed to integrate with Canvas so well. HOWEVER, a HUGE, ESSENTIAL feature is missing: the ability to observe my students in LIVE TIME! Apparently this needs to be fixed on the Canvas end- NOT on Nearpod's end of the integration relationship.

"Thank you for contacting Nearpod Customer Support. Viewing progress is not available when assigned in the Canvas External tool, this is a canvas limitation and not a Nearpod one. You can create a code and post to canvas to view progress but the reports would Not show up in speedgrader."

This is a necessary feature as I need to be able to determine if my students are drawing models or solving problems correctly IN THE MOMENT-LIVE---- not after the fact. 

Is it possible to get this feature enabled in Canvas so that I can monitor student progress WHILE they are engaging in the Nearpod lesson!? Why would Canvas integrate with Nearpod and leave this feature out- it's imperative in this online learning environment that we, as teachers, are able to take advantage of these features.

4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

sonylilly
Community Member

I completely agree, I want to be able to view their progress while I'm teaching and also later be able to see their submission in SpeedGrader.

Jacqueline_B
Community Member

I had the same question.  If Canvas or Nearpod figure out how I can observe my students live, please let me know.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Thank you for sharing this idea with the Instructure Community!

The Product Team reviewed all feature proposals recently, and unfortunately, this thread was identified as one that they would not be able to include in their current or future plans. While we appreciate your proposal, we also want to be transparent about the likelihood of something like this making it to production.

Thank you for collaborating, and we hope that you submit another idea in the future!