Login to Last Page Visited Option

Do you always remember what you were previously working on in Canvas when you last logged out? I think our students sometimes forget too. My idea is that site admins be given an option to choose what the users in their instance see each time they login.

Currently, all users when they login are automatically directed to the Dashboard. However, we have had multiple requests from our students that they would prefer to instead be automatically directed to the last page they visited before their previous log out. This would allow them to seamlessly continue their studies instead of having to choose the course then the modules screen then select the screen they want to continue working on. It would take the guesswork out of remembering what they were doing when they previously logged out.

I have discussed this idea with other Canvas admins who have agreed that giving the site admins the option of choosing a setting for Post-Login Screen to either "Dashboard" or "Last Page Visited" that would apply to all their users would be a powerful enhancement for Canvas.

I am eager to read your comments. Thanks for reading and considering voting for this idea.

3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks for sharing this idea,  @dnoud . As it moves forward for broader discussion, you might be interested in joining the conversation under this related idea: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/4970-provide-students-with-option-to-pin-or-bookmark-a-page-in... 

timothy_maw
Community Champion

This would be incredibly nice, and could save me some time.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.