Maintain sorting from Gradebook when I open Speed Grader

0 Likes
(2)

It would be helpful if the sorting from the Gradebook was maintained when I open Speed Grader.

For instance, when grading discussions I have both initial and response posts. Sometimes students have both after the initial deadline and some students respond later. When I initially review responses I grade everything available. Then after the deadline I will return and grade the rest. If I could sort the students so that the low scores were at the top this would let me cycle through the ungraded posts. 

Tags (1)
5 Comments
Naomi
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @RachaelOrben,

According to How do I sort the student list in SpeedGrader, you can sort the student list by submission status. Does that solve for the functionality you're looking for? 

RachaelOrben
Community Member

Hi @Naomi 

No. I haven't found that option to be helpful.

I would like to sort by points (low to high). Also, I think it would be helpful to have the sorting carry over from the Gradebook into Speed Grader so that there is no need to resort when one enters Speed Grader. 

Naomi
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

lucaspaxton
Community Member

+1 to this idea

I'd like to sort by total grade and have this reflected in Speedgrader's student list order. That would allow me to quickly evaluate the top performers and get them out of the way so I can spend more time with my struggling student's submissions.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.