Make Annotated Assignments and Comments Printable

0 Likes

When you download a Teacher Annotations from the Speedgrader or an Assignment that is a "Student Annotation", the pdf file does not always include the annotations.  Even in Adobe, where you can see the annotations, the file will not easily print with those annotations in the correct place.  It creates a list of comments at the end.  Please adjust the download for Annotated files from Canvas so that the Annotations are kept in place where they were originally added by the teacher or student.

6 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @lofriel52 -

Do you notice this pattern consistently, or is the movement of the annotations not for every file? Also, are your students using the Annotations submission type, or are they using the annotation tools in Canvas Student?

I see the value in your request; I just want to make sure that we can pinpoint that it's a feature improvement rather than an issue that should be seen by Support.

lofriel52
Community Member

Hi Kristin, 

We noticed some version of the error across multiple teachers and multiple student submissions.  Thank you for your help!

~Laura

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @lofriel52 - Thanks for the quick response! I think we should start with Support and make sure that there isn't something that should be identified and addressed.

How do I contact Canvas Support? 

How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor? 

I'll leave this idea in our Moderating stage for now. Please let the Community know what you learn from Support. If it's something they can address, great! If not, we will open up the idea.

lofriel52
Community Member

Thank you, but I already talked to Support.  They suggested that I start a UserVote.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

Thanks for your ongoing collaboration!  Let's open the idea with the hopes that Annotations Display As Placed in Speedgrader when Downloaded.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.