Make Class Name "Sticky" so it doesn't scroll off the page

0 Likes

With the new "sticky nav", the term now appears at the top of the left-hand navigation and does not scroll off the page. I rarely need to be reminded what term I am looking at. What I need to know is which of my classes I am looking at without scrolling back to the top of the screen.

The label at the top of the newly-sticky navigation menu should be the class name or number rather than the term.

4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

Thanks for sharing this feedback about the sticky menu, @goodbookmom . Would you please share a screencast of the behavior?

goodbookmom
Community Explorer

Here is a screencast of the behavior I am currently seeing with the term label at the top of the new sticky nav. https://uta.instructuremedia.com/embed/0c00dc0c-83c8-4be1-b56c-e8a71a3f986b

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks for the screencast, @goodbookmom; it's very helpful guidance. Not all Canvas institutions use terms, and term information is populated differently in a course from Course and Section information. With that in mind, we would encourage you to add your support to the broadly-encompassing request at  Floating the Course Title to Keep it in Sight.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived