[Gradebook] Make Override Column Sticky

When moving the Override column around in the gradebook, it sticks until the instructor uses the Reorder filter to reorder the columns; when that happens, the position of the Override column reverts back to being the last column on the right.  Please allow this column to "remember" where the teacher moved it or make it "sticky" in the same manner that the total grades column stays in the front position even upon reordering.

5 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@cunninghama  Thanks for sharing this idea. However, I was not able to replicate this experience. Using Chrome, I navigated to the Gradebook and dragged the Override column to a desired position; when I navigated away from the Gradebook and then returned to it, the Override column was still where I had placed it. I tried logging out and logging back in, and clearing cookies: the Override column remained "sticky."

Would you please ask the affected teacher(s) to submit a ticket asking Canvas Support to investigate the behavior? It might be specific to a particular browser, or might be due to the user's browser settings (perhaps they have the browser set to automatically clear cache when closing their windows, which might cause this issue).

Thanks!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@cunninghama Also,  our documentation states:

You can also manually arrange columns. To manually arrange an assignment column, click the column heading and drag the heading to your desired location. Manual placement is persistent in the Gradebook until the column is reordered [emphasis added].

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

@cunninghama  has clarified that the request is for the Override column to remain in the position the teacher has placed it, even after a reorder filter has been applied. We've therefore edited the idea description to reflect that and have reopened it for broader discussion.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme