Make imbedded videos resizable

0 Likes
(4)

When I watch videos imbedded in canvas, I am forced to choose between a tiny window and a massive window that takes up the entire screen. I would be very grateful if the video window had more size options, as this would make watching lecture much more pleasant. 

7 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

MichaelHorvath
Community Member

I made the same suggestion but I don't know if it was saved to the website. I would like to be able to drag the edges of the video to change it to any size. Or at least have it not cover up the task bar when viewing it in full screen mode. (I am primarily a desktop user, not mobile.)

cnunes
Community Explorer

I am having this same issue, especially if students use a phone to record, they are TINY.  There used to be an option to have a "pop out" of the video that was useful, but that disappeared a while ago...it was a GREAT option.  now I either take over the entire window to view a student (and can not see my rubric to take notes) OR it is a small picture no matter the size of the browser window. (I teach sign language so this is really critical!)

Please go back to the "pop out" option or allow us to grab a corner of an embedded video to resize it. This is critical to grading my class.

@Stef_retired @MichaelHorvath @cofffeeeeeeeeee 

Gwen_Maciel
Community Novice

Agreed. I need to be able to view the videos students submit (resize window) and gradebook/speedgrader and take notes while viewing their video. I also teach a visual language so I need to see their face and hands clearly while grading. More sizing options for the video window would be helpful.

@Stef_retired @MichaelHorvath @cofffeeeeeeeeee @cnunes 

MoatazKhan12
Community Explorer

same here, I need to resize the embedded video in my modules, but they always appear small, unless I click the full-size button which makes the video take up the whole screen. 

@Stef_retired @MichaelHorvath @cofffeeeeeeeeee @cnunes 

amanda_lemaster
Community Explorer

Agreed. Great suggestion. Resizing anything embedded (google sheets/docs, videos, etc) would be beneficial. 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.