Make missing and late labels independent from each other.

0 Likes
(3)

In the new Standards Based Grading Models, submitting work late is not seen as an issue.  However, having a due date and a missing label is helpful for students to stay on track.  I have parents and students who are frustrated that having completed an assignment, there is still a red label on it as if it's a problem.  It's not a problem.  The previous grading platform we used treated all statuses (late, excused, missing, etc. as independent from each other and able to be assigned separately for each type of assignment or submission.  Statuses could also be applied globally if desired.  I really miss those features! 

3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

supermarnick
Community Explorer

"LATE" assignment markers are imposing with the same red bubble.

The MISSING assignment red bubble is important for students to see, but it would be better to change the color of the LATE marker to ORANGE and transparent like the current logo, but not red.

There needs to be a clearer differentiation between those grade book markers than red and clear red. Late assignments should not be penalized with RED marks.

I say change LATE logo markers with Orange outlines.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.