[Courses] Make the course list sortable

When you click on Courses and then All Course, Canvas lists them in some random order. As my number of courses builds up over the semesters, with many courses of the same name, I would like to be able to SORT my list of courses by Name, Semester, Recently used, etc.

So... please let us sort these courses so that we can easily find what we are looking for!

121 Comments
nmogul
Community Explorer

YES, it will. This is an excellent idea and I am only commenting to get numbers up on traffic for this thread. 

tlc_OU
Community Participant

At the University of Oklahoma, we have numerous instructors that teach 4-5 sections of the same course each semester; after teaching for a number of years, the All Courses page becomes very unwieldy. Having the ability to sort/filter the course list by semester/section/name/etc. would be wonderful and is much needed.

adrienne_and_sm
Community Novice

PLEASE! Come on our side. Even in Microsoft WORD or EXCEL files & charts can be sorted by any column of choice. This system (if of any true quality) should certainly be able to do the same!

It really isn’t rocket science.

lalesi
Community Novice

This feature needs to be added for teachers and admins!

nmogul
Community Explorer

The only way to get traction on this seems to be to like every comment, reply to every comment, and get your colleagues to log in and like and comment as well. 

nmogul
Community Explorer

This is an excellent idea!!

nmogul
Community Explorer

This is a feature we need! Try explaining why this shouldn't be possible....you just can't!!

nmogul
Community Explorer

This is an important feature that ELMS needs. Like every comment in this thread and reply to all of them as well. Get your colleagues to like and reply too. 

nmogul
Community Explorer

This is a feature we need. It looks like a lot of other people are thinking the same thing. 

nmogul
Community Explorer

I agree with you!