Make the quiz timer sidebar sticky

0 Likes
(4)

It would be really useful to have the quiz sidebar be sticky, like in the following screenshot, so it is visible wherever the student has scrolled on the page. Currently the sidebar is stuck at the top, so to see the time or jump between questions, people have to scroll all the way back up, which can be very annoying on long exams.

In the past, the left sidebar was made sticky, which is an improvement I also really appreciate.

screenshot of canvas showing the page partially scrolled with the quiz sidebar still visiblescreenshot of canvas showing the page partially scrolled with the quiz sidebar still visible

Here's the CSS change I used to make the example screenshot:

#right-side {
 position: sticky;
 top: 0;
}

Tags (3)
1 Comment
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@jade-  Thanks for sharing this feedback about the quiz timer. The screenshot you've provided indicates that this quiz was created by the instructor in the Classic Quizzes tool. Our product teams are no longer developing new functionality on the code base for Old (Classic) Quizzes, which is scheduled for deprecation, so we've archived this idea.

The position and stickiness of the quiz timer have been addressed in New Quizzes. Please refer to  How do I take a quiz in New Quizzes? ; the quiz timer always displays at the top of the page.