Make the window background HTML respond to changing window size

0 Likes

Idiot system did not give me an editing window so I wrote my suggestion into the subject line which got truncated by the unstated character limitation.

I just discovered that some buttons are hidden at the bottom of the window when the browser is not at full screen. These buttons cannot be reached using the scroll bar. This indicates truly bad HTML in the background. All windows should be dynamic and respond to the size of the window they are contained in. IF I can do it then CANVAS should be able to do it.

Fix this please.

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

6 Comments
aprimack
Community Novice
Author

This happened in the Multicourse message utility. Fix it. Bring it up to the standards that other common utilities adhere to.

aprimack
Community Novice
Author

Do it now.

rmurchshafer
Community Champion

@aprimack ,

I think I know what you are talking about, but by any chance can you post a screenshot showing it?  Is this a case where you can't get to some of the course navigation buttons at the bottom like Settings?

Reading back I see you mention something about a "multicourse message utility".  To my knowledge Canvas does not have such a feature, but there is a 3rd party product by Qwickly which does this https://www.goqwickly.com/course-tools/.  If this is what you are talking about the issue is likely with their code and not Canvas itself, but a screenshot would still be helpful.

Rick

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @aprimack -

I hope you are doing well! I am checking in and hoping that you could share a screenshot and an update to this thread.

If you are unable to provide an update regarding this idea by April 25, we will need to archive it to help the Community Team and Coaches focus on current Ideas. If you need more time, that's okay too! Providing an update before that time would be helpful and appreciated. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived