[Mobile - Canvas Teacher] Make viewing submission comments available on mobile app

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

The submission comments filter is only available within the browser/desktop version of Canvas via the inbox. However, the mobile app does not allow viewing of these submission comments. Notifications of submission comments appear on mobile device, but to address them and determine who asked the question, you have to go to the inbox in a browser.
18 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

The Radar idea stage has been removed from the Feature Idea Process.  You can read more about why in the blog post Adaptation: Feature Idea Process Changes.

This change will only impact the stage sort of this idea and will not change how it is voted on or how it is considered during prioritization activities.  This change will streamline the list of ideas 'open for voting', making it easier for you to see the true top voted ideas in one sort, here.

JeniferPoulsen
Community Novice

I'm an instructor and I have notifications sent to my phone when I receive submission comments from students.  It would be wonderful if submission comments were an option in the Inbox on the mobile app so we can see them easily after receiving a notification.  In the online version, I "lost" a submission comment until I was grading today because they don't show up in the Unread messages section. 

JamesKCOS
Community Explorer

@JeniferPoulsen Sorry to ping you 6 months after the fact, but I made almost this exact same comment on a separate thread! How is this feature not implemented yet! This thread starts in 2015…

BStutzman
Community Champion

This needs to happen!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

jozsefdavid
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Completed

The feature is available now in the mobile apps

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Comments from Instructure

Sorry for the delay in marking this as complete!

This idea was part of the Canvas Teacher 1.1 release in September 2017.