Making Copy To... and Assignment/Quiz Details Quicker and Easier

0 Likes

Used a Google form to show some preferred options 

I'm an instructor.  Right now, two of the most used features (Copy To... and Quiz details) are so tedious and time-consuming.  I spend a significant amount of my time working in Canvas using these features as they are currently set up.  The suggestions I have will GREATLY reduce the amount of time just trying to upload, fix details, copy to other courses, etc.  Instead of spending an hour trying to copy one quiz to multiple courses, then go into each course to change and check all of the details, etc., these suggestions could reduce that time down to just several minutes.  

Tags (3)
5 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @Mlaferri -

Thank you for sharing your Idea with the Community!

I would like to learn more about your suggestions before opening the conversation for a larger discussion. Which options would help with the copy to... process?

Also, the link that you shared that goes to a Google Form was not able to be viewed. If that was intended to share with the Community, please make the changes so everyone can view it. Thanks!

Mlaferri
Community Member

Hi Kristin,

Sorry about the access to the Google form.  I forgot about that part. 

The Google form that I made is my attempt to show what sort of features that I would like to see improved in Canvas.  

For example, it would more convenient if there was a way to copy to multiple classes at the same time including modules, dates and times, and assignment groups.  Right now, this has to be done class by class and can be quite time-consuming.  But, having the ability to do this for multiple classes at the same time would significantly reduce the time spent copying/adding assignments/quizzes/etc.

Similarly, I added some suggestions for assignment/quiz editing details that would also reduce the amount of time spent creating and/or editing.

Thank you!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

Mlaferri
Community Member

Hi Kristin,

I though about this some more and it would be nice if the Copy To.. opened up to where we could just click on the where we want to copy the item to.

I spent 40 minutes the other day copying to, setting the dates and times, and individually assigning (long story as to why I have to do this) a quiz to four courses.  

Clickboxes where I could assign to all the courses and students at one time would reduce that time to just mere minutes.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.