[Course Settings] Manage student creation of Conferences and Collaborations from course settings

If a teacher enables Conferences and/or Collaborations in the course navigation menu, students are able to create their own Conferences and Collaborations at the course level. You can't stop them from doing this.

With Discussions there is an option in Course Settings to stop students creating their own Discussion boards at the course level. 

It would be useful if a similar option was provided for Conferences and Collaborations.  

4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

ellen_peters
Community Participant

I think it is desirable in most cases that students can create conferences and collaborations in their group home pages. So in my opinion there should be 2 options in the course settings:

1) Student can create conferences/collaborations at the course level (default No)

2) Student can create conferences/collaborations in their group home pages (default Yes).

Another solution is the separation of course conference creation permission and group conference creation permission. Currently there's only one permission 'Web conference create', that allows creation of conferences both at the course level and in a group. I would rather see two permissions: 'Course conference - create' and 'Group conference - create'

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme