Manually Adjust Question points per Student in New Quizzes

0 Likes
(1)

We received this from a faculty member:

I would like to make a suggestion concerning the new version of the Quiz function in WyoCourses. I like it and think that it has additional functionality that I will be able to use in my courses. However, it has lost one function that I would really like to get back. In the old version of the Quiz function I was able to manually adjust the number of points awarded for a specific student response to a specific question. This allowed me to award partial credit for their response. I now do not have that option (or I cannot figure out how to do it.) The new version wants to "regrade" the question and, if I understand it correctly, wants to apply that regrade to every student. When I attempt to use this I do not see the grade change.

I think that this has been made more complicated than it needs to be. I would recommend that this feature be set back to the way it was in the old version. Allow manual adjustments of individual scores for each question.

Thank you for considering this.

2 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@zowada-a 

Would you ask the faculty member to try to accomplish this through the Moderate tab of the quiz? When I did this for a true-false question I could select either "Regrade" (which I did not want to do) or "Update" (which is what I wanted), and when I clicked Update, the point total for that student changed for both the response and the quiz total, but not for the quiz itself.

Thanks!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived