Mark Dashboard Activity as Read

0 Likes
(1)

"New Activity" on the dashboard such as replies to a discussion, an assignment being graded, or announcements should have the option to be marked as read from the dashboard page. I find that my dashboard always has "New Activity" from items that are weeks or months old because I did not access them in a way that clears the notification from the dashboard.

5 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @AndrewMcGinley -

There is a way to clear out recent activity from the Dashboard. Are you looking to have an easier "mark all as read" option? Let me know if you are referring to a space different than what's included in this lesson:

How do I view global activity for all my courses in the Recent Activity Dashboard as a student? 

AndrewMcGinley
Community Member
Author

I tried the steps in the lesson but it did not clear the notification I was referring to.

I am referring to the blue "NEW ACTIVITY" banner circled in red in the top left of this image.

Picture2.png

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

Hi @AndrewMcGinley  -

Thank you for your follow-up! I can see where a "mark as read" button would be helpful. In the meantime, to clear those notifications, you need to click on the assignment and view the grade. That will nudge the New Activity to update.

Emmada
Community Member

I would LOOOOOVE a read-all option in Canvas. You get so many notifications that you can't 'read' them all, you fall behind and eventually end up with 3+ years of notifications and a "new activity" notification perpetually in the left-hand corner.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.