Mark as turned in

0 Likes
(1)

I am a teacher. When an assignment is turned in on paper (or another non-canvas venue) and I haven't yet graded it, I would like the ability to mark it as turned in and awaiting the grade. It's apparently challenging for a student to know whether they have turned in an assignment if it hasn't been graded (at least that's what they tell me).

I would also like the ability to mark an assignment as "incomplete" when the student turns in partial work but I don't want to grade it until I get more from the student.

Thank you!

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

1 Comment
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Hi @BonnieNevel -

Thank you for taking the time to share your ideas with the Community!

There is an existing idea open for adding "marked as turned in". I hope you can join that conversation. Mark Missing assignments as Done 

With the second idea, there is a conversation open that looks at adding it as an option while grading. Grading- Incomplete as grading You may be able to use "reassign" through Speedgrader to encourage the student to revisit the assignment. How do I reassign an assignment in SpeedGrader?