cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Masquerade as Students in Canvas Catalog

Masquerade as Students in Canvas Catalog

We would like the ability to masquerade or act as students in Canvas Catalog for the following reasons:

1. To diagnose issues with logging in and accessing their In Progress or Completed courses

2. To be able to view student's transcript for customization purposes (if necessary)

3. To determine if students have received a certificate of completion 

4. To be able to drop student's from courses upon a student's behalf

The reason why these items are important is that we have received emails stating that a handful of students need assistance accessing their courses, how to access their transcript and customize it for their employer, and a handful of students have not been receiving their certificate of completion in their email. In addition, we have had requests to drop students from courses due to different circumstances.

Here are some images of what students see:

268859_pastedImage_1.png

268860_pastedImage_2.png

20 Comments
Surveyor

I think many of us have become used to this as a very helpful tool in Canvas. Seeing that extended here would allow us all to support our Catalog users approaching the level we are able to with Canvas, and providing high levels of support is something us ed tech types like to do!

Community Member

Was my first question when introduced to Canvas. As an ICT-instructor I think it is crucial to be able to visualise the student environment in a life demo to introduce students to the tool. As well to tackle some classic mistakes by the teacher and have a simple feedback.

Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thank you for your feedback and support.

Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Totally agree. Thank you for your feedback.

Community Member

Would also like to be able to submit assignments for students.  Sometimes this is needed.

Community Advocate
Community Advocate

I would recommend creating this comment as another idea Smiley Happy 

Surveyor II

A test instance of Catalog would also be helpful.

Community Member

Would Beta work? There is a beta instance.

Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Beta works to test items just not to masquerade as people though unfortunately.

Community Member

Oh, yeah, I know it is just for testing items. I just thought Penny would like a space to test items, and I don't think everyone knows about the beta version. I apologize. I didn't mean for my comment to sound like a solution for masquerading as a student. :smileyconfused: