Mastery Connect- Use Canvas quizzes as MC Assessments

0 Likes
(4)

Allow Canvas Quizzes/New Quizzes to be assessments in Mastery Connect to add to trackers. 

Currently the Canvas Quizzing platform does not work with the "integrated" Mastery Connect piece meaning our teachers that have created their assessments in Canvas now need to start over with item authoring in MC or find a 'workaround' within a system that should be integrated. 

5 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

winnie_milner
Community Participant

I simply cannot agree more with this request!!! Our Curriculum Director purchased MasteryConnect as an add-on for the campuses that administer classes via Canvas two years after purchasing the LMS itself.

As a result, I am fielding questions from teachers about why after several years of creation of traditional Canvas Quizzes and their alignment of standards through Canvas "Outcomes,"  why these assessments can't be rolled right into Mastery Connect.  Am I correct in thinking that as things stand now, all existing quizzes need to be recreated in Mastery Connect? It is my understanding that quizzes in MC roll into Canvas, but not the other way around. If this is correct, I absolutely understand my teachers' frustration about basically "starting over."

If this large flaw isn't addressed, it clearly highlights the lack of understanding how essential this functioning is to teachers. While MasteryConnect appears to be a nice product IF it is implemented AT THE SAME TIME as Canvas LMS is, I imagine it can be a great tool; however, this lack of being able to roll existing quizzes from Canvas to MC indicates that teachers' time is not valuable and that they have an overabundance of time to recreate all formative quizzes twice. 

My request is two-fold.

1. I implore you to advise the decision makers about this critical "quizzes to MC conversion flaw" when purchasing Canvas LMS. Had I been aware of this during the adoption of Canvas and known that my people additionally wanted MasteryConnect, I could have begged for MC's immediate purchase so this wouldn't be an issue for my teachers now. 
  2. Please tell me that I'm misinformed or that this fix is in the works. I simply do not have the heart to tell my hard working teachers that they need to start all over again.
ucciarditj
Community Explorer

I would love to see a timeline on the development side of the house. Fielding a ton of questions from frustrated teachers.

Thank you.

TechCommChair
Community Member

I believe in the power of Mastery Connect, but can not fathom convincing our teachers to use it if they have to recreate all of their assessments in Mastery Connect. I really hope this will be fixed soon!

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.