Merge the column "date" and "due" in course summary

0 Likes
(1)

Put together the column "Date" and "Due" instead of been separated.

newsol.png

6 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@jdurancal 

Thanks for sharing this idea. It appears that your school has customized the Course Summary somewhat. Please refer to the screenshot in the View Syllabus section of  How do I use the Syllabus as a student? to see how the standard "out-of-the-box" course summary displays to students, and note that the order of the columns differs from what you've displayed. The course summary display for instructors is also different from what you've depicted; please see  How do I use the Syllabus as an instructor?

That being said, the standard course summary also separates the due date from the due time as you mention, and we can certainly move your suggestion forward for broader discussion. Before we do, would you confirm with your local support (perhaps your IT Desk or eLearning department) that your school has indeed customized the course summary? If they have, they might be able to perform this additional customization on your behalf, so please let us know what you discover.

jdurancal
Community Member

Hi @Stef_retired ,

first I would thank you for your answer. Perhaps I did not make it sufficiently clear my idea. My institutions has de same behavior of the guides (you could see the next photos), there are some CSS changes. So the picture I put in it is a new proposal for improving the usability of our users only make some changes of the columns.

(My institution)

Screenshot at 2021-05-13 08-54-50.png

(The Canvas Guides)

Screenshot at 2021-05-13 08-54-23.png

Best Regards

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@jdurancal 

Thanks! I hadn't realize that your screenshot was a modified version intended to show what was desired in the proposed redesign. We'll open this for further discussion.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

RobDitto
Community Champion

Rated 5 stars! A change like this would really improve readability of the Syllabus Course Summary table.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.