Message students with missing assignments

0 Likes
(1)

Currently when you click on an assignment you can message students who haven't turned in an assignment, haven't been graded, scored less than or scored above.

It would be nice to be able to message students that have a "missing" on the assignment, this mostly applies to paper assignments and external tool assignments.

4 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

@beckh2 

Greetings, and thank you for starting this idea conversation. 

Can you help describe the problem you are trying to solve by selecting 'missing' as a 'message who' function? I'm probably missing something but I can't think of any examples (from my past experiences) where I'd needed to message 'missing' because "haven't turned in" or "haven't been graded" didn't cover it.  

Thanks.  

beckh2
Community Member

That's a great question. At my school we put in missing work in as 50%, so even though they have not turned in the assignment they have a grade for it. For instance a kid hasn't turned in an 8 point assignment, they would have a 4/8 with a missing mark until they turn in it.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

@beckh2 - Thanks for following up and sharing your use case!

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.