MindTap Dates Transfer into Canvas

Is there a way that I can select ALL assignments that are structured in Modules to begin and end at the same time?  Maybe have a pop up calendar when I select Module 1, for example, and all of the assignments associated with Module 1 can have the same start date and end date, which would eliminate the task of going into each individual assignment and setting the dates.  The dates can be set in MindTap for example, but the dates do not transfer into Canvas.

4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi, patriciaguillory‌, thanks for submitting this idea. It's going forward as a Partner Integration idea as a request for auto-population of due dates from MindTap into Canvas.

Your submission also contains a separate idea that generally requests the ability to edit all assignment due dates on one screen, regardless of the origination point of the assessments. For that, we'd refer you to https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/2214-adjust-all-assignment-and-quiz-dates-on-a-single-page ; that idea doesn't specifically request organization of assignments/quizzes by module, but if implemented it would make it easier to give a set of assignments the same due date.  @James  has written a phenomenal user script for this that any instructor can implement right now: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-8585-adjust-all-assignment-dates-on-one-page?sr=search&sear... (video is here: ).

pecchiog
Community Participant

Hello.

Has anyone looked into this since this thread began? I have an instructor who is having the same issue. It is a time-suck for her to have to enter the dates two separate times. Is there a way to use Cengage as an external tool under submission type that avoids having to set the due dates twice? 

ahorn
Community Novice

I wish blanket dates could be given to all items within a module.  My Cengage MindTap activities cannot always be Canvas course copied, so when I add them I have to go into each one to set the date.  It's so laborious (over 100 items) that I haven't done it this semester, warning the students to look in modules instead of the to-do list.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.