Missing Assignment Report

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through the Canvas Release Notes (2020-09-19)

Teachers would like to print a report listing only Missing Assignments.  This report would be sent to academic support personnel to facilitate assignment completion.  Teachers should be able to print the "Missing Assignment Report" directly from Canvas.

46 Comments
janan
Community Novice

This feature would be so helpful. Especially now as remote learning doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon and the end of the academic year quickly approaching! Help us, help our students.

imani_austin
Community Member

Now more than ever,  this feature would be a lifeline.  The ability to identify students who have not turned in an assignment ( preferably with a "Z" so it could actually transfer to the pinnacle grade book) would be amazing. The ability to distinguish between no points earned and a  missing assignment is long overdue. 

johnwsmunro
Community Member

I am hoping that "print" included the option to send the report directly using the mail feature in Canvas. Could the "report" allow for other details that are part of an interim report? Essentially, I would like a report of this type to provide feedback and perhaps a comment on student progress overall in the course. 

purselj
Community Novice

Update: One of our Canvas administrators pointed out a feature in the gradebook that may be useful to you.  In the gradebook, if you look at the assignment, there are thee dots next to the assignment title.  Click on the three dots.  There is a button that says Message students who...  This will send an email to all of the students who haven't submitted an assignment.  It's not as useful as a missing assignment section, but it did allow me to email several students at a time with the click of the mouse to remind them that I didn't have their assignment.

katie_cummins
Community Novice

This feature would have been extremely helpful during the school closure this March.    I also like the idea of the students being able to pull up their own missing assignment report.  

dvander
Community Member

This would be such an incredibly useful feature to have - especially for K-12 Canvas users.

jacob5
Community Member

now more than ever, please add this feature!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: On Beta
Comments from Instructure

New Analytics provides downloadable CSV files for missing assignments, late assignments, excused assignments, the class roster, and course activity data. Using APIs, all reports provide real-time data except for the Course Activity report, which includes data that may be delayed up to 24 hours. This change provides instructors with table visualizations of essential course information via Canvas APIs into a consumable format.

For more information, please read through the Canvas Release Notes (2020-09-19)

d41114059
Community Member

I still don't know what i am dong.

d41114059
Community Member

I'm not sure 

I might be getting somewhere I honestly doubt it.