Missing Assignment Report

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through the Canvas Release Notes (2020-09-19)

Teachers would like to print a report listing only Missing Assignments.  This report would be sent to academic support personnel to facilitate assignment completion.  Teachers should be able to print the "Missing Assignment Report" directly from Canvas.

46 Comments
CarlaD07
Community Explorer

With new analytics you can run the missing assignment report at the course level, which is great. Our support staff and our teachers working need the ability to run a missing report list for a specific student across all of their courses. This would help keep all staff, including support staff, on the same page in regards to where a student is at and what they need to work on. 

matcocco
Community Member

I have found another user's code which can filter all the Missing Assignments a student has in the course. I modified it to include the link to that assignment and will share the link to the python script below. Just change your school name and find the course number and the name of the csv file to run this script. The output is a CSV file with columns Name, Subject, Assignments Completed, Missing, and Links.

https://github.com/matcocco/Canvas/blob/main/Missing_Assignments_Canvas.ipynb

twalther
Community Participant

This would be so helpful for some of my students who fall behind for one reason or another! I would love to have it available as an email with live links that will take a student directly to their missing assignments to submit them. 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Completed

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed